Road to Somewhere Blog Tour



New! From Bloomsbury Spark, a sunny heartwarming story of discovery and sisterhood.

A road trip. A singing competition. And super-hot cowboys.

What could be better?

For Charlie, a post-high school road trip isn't just a vacation, it's life changing. While her parents think she's helping a friend move, a chance at fame is the real reason to grab her best friends and drive to L.A. But when her super annoying, uber-responsible, younger sister, Lucy, has to tag along, it isn't quite the summer of fun she imagined.

Add in a detour to her grandparents' ranch in Texas, and between mucking the stalls, down-home cookin’, and drool worthy ranch hands, this could just turn into the best, and most complicated, summer of their lives.


When the chance to do my a book tour with Road to Somewhere I jumped on board. I normally read dark, moody books and this one seemed to be a perfect one to get me out of my genre-funk.


  • At first I really thought I would like only Lucy, I always seem to lean toward the underdog, but I ended up really enjoying both Lucy and Charlie.
  • My sister and I are also really close in age, and have very different personalities, so it hard for us to be close during high school. I really liked this story because it was relate-able. My sister and I are really close now, because we spent a summer together like Lucy and Charlie.
  • This would be the perfect book for reading at the lake. I love sitting on the beach, toes in the sand and reading of cute cowboys!


  • This is totally just me, but I do not like first-person POVs nearly as much as third person. I know it supposed to help you get more into the characters, but I personally think I relate more when it is third person and I have to feel the feels.


    ABOUT THE AUTHORS
    Kelley Lynn was born and raised a Midwestern girl. She’s not afraid to sweat and fills her free time with softball, soccer and volleyball. (Though you probably don’t want her on your volleyball team.) She occasionally makes guest appearances as a female vocalist for area bands. Music plays a large role in her writing process as well as the characters and plot lines within her stories.

    Jenny S. Morris is a YA author who loves all things geek, may have a Kdrama addiction, and prefers the rainy NW to any place she's ever lived. Road to Somewhere is her debut novel.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18460372-road-to-somewhere?from_search=true
https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

6 comments

  1. I love road trip books! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love road trip books AND I love books that focus on sisters, so this is win/win. I definitely check it out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow it's so uncommon to see someone preferring 3rd person! That's neat! I find I can get more into the head of the character with 1st person but to me it all comes down to the author's ability to make the tense work. I've read some amazing 3rd person books and some crappy 1st persons and vice versa so *shrugs*. Anyways, this sounds really good and I love it when I'm able to relate to a book so personally. My sister and I were 4 years apart and we just missed each other in school - the way our grades were divided into 3 different school every time I started at a school she was graduated to the next. So we never really grew close that way, but now we're much closer with Facebook and generally being older and more mature. I will have to keep an eye out for this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the honest and wonderful review!!! And thank you for being part of our tour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you SO MUCH for such an honest review. The support really means everything. Thanks for taking the time to review our work and share it with the reading community.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.