Review of Through the Ever Night

It's been months since Aria learned of her mother's death.

Months since Perry became Blood Lord of the Tides, and months since Aria last saw him.

Now Aria and Perry are about to be reunited. It's a moment they've been longing for with countless expectations. And it's a moment that lives up to all of them. At least, at first.

Then it slips away. The Tides don't take kindly to former Dwellers like Aria. And the tribe is swirling out of Perry's control. With the Aether storms worsening every day, the only remaining hope for peace and safety is the Still Blue. But does this haven truly exist?

Threatened by false friends and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?

In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and sci-fi elements to create a captivating adventure-and a love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.
The library didn't have the audiobook for the rest of the series, so I was able to get the hardcover versions of Through the Ever Night and Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi.

  • This book was definitely better than the first. There was still some build-up to the next book, but it was interesting enough on its own.
  • Aria has gotten smarter and stronger, I really enjoyed her growth from the first book.
  • Soren got a better wrap in this book, still snarky, but not as awful as he seemed in the first book.
  • I really enjoy Cinder's character and feel he is going to be a pivotal role in the final book. He is so sweet and so is Willow's crush on him.
  • I mentioned this already, but the middle book, like the first, needs the final book for completion. I know that a trilogy signifies that there is a continuation to the story, but I enjoy when each book stands on his own. 
  • The world-building has some holes. I would assume that there is a vast amount of space in-between the territories, but they seem to be able to walk significant mileage quickly. Unrealistic.
  • Along with the travel issues, I wish that there was some more description on the pods. I have a really hard time imagining what the pods.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13253276-through-the-ever-night




https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

8 comments

  1. This is one of my favorite series and I am glad to hear you're enjoying it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasnt in love with book 1 so I never read this one but it sounds like the 3rd and final book is worth it from what I saw in the reviews. It sounds like this one i s a little mid-book-ish and could have used a stronger plot to stand on its own (totally agree on that btw - each book should still have its own story). I may finish this series eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely seem to be in the minority, because Under the Never Sky was completely "meh" for me. (I have a feeling it was my fault though!) I'll take your word on it and I'll definitely finish the series. This sounds really good in terms of having really well-developed, fleshed-out characters, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing that for myself! Plus...the romance sounds awesome!

    As always, brilliant review Missy and thanks for sharing! xD

    ~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished the first one today. *le sigh* I really was disappointed and I don't think I'll be going on with the series. I mean, this sounds better (what the heck was with Soren in book #1??!) but I have too much to read at the moment to try it. It'd be cool to see Aria and Perry's relationship grow, though. I didn't feel much chemistry in book #1 between them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one! Like you, I found this to be better from the first book. In fact, as the series continued, I found that my love for it grew more with each book. I was a little lost during the Under The Never Sky but I feel like Through The Ever Night did a better job at making me at ease with Aria and Perry's world. Also, I just super loved Rory and Aria's friendship here. I can't wait to see what you'll think of the last book! Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, this was even better than Under the Never Sky and Under the Never Sky was great so this series is just getting better and better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely loved the characterization in this one, so I overlooked the things that bothered you. Thinking back though, I definitely agree - they managed to travel pretty far, pretty quickly! And I also agree that each book should be its own story, but this was definitely a continuation of the first and a segue-way for the third.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this series as a whole, but I can't remember much of this book off the top of my head right now. (I went and read my review 'd'oh!)

    I never caught on to the travel issue as you did. LOL odd.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.