Waiting on Wednesday - Dorothy Must Die

http://breakingthespine.blogspot.com/

I didn't ask for any of this. I didn't ask to be some kind of hero.
But when your whole life gets swept up by a tornado—taking you with it—you have no choice but to go along, you know?

Sure, I've read the books. I've seen the movies. I know the song about the rainbow and the happy little blue birds. But I never expected Oz to look like this. To be a place where Good Witches can't be trusted, Wicked Witches may just be the good guys, and winged monkeys can be executed for acts of rebellion. There's still the yellow brick road, though—but even that's crumbling.

What happened?
Dorothy. They say she found a way to come back to Oz. They say she seized power and the power went to her head. And now no one is safe.

My name is Amy Gumm—and I'm the other girl from Kansas.
I've been recruited by the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked.
I've been trained to fight.
And I have a mission:
Remove the Tin Woodman's heart.
Steal the Scarecrow's brain.
Take the Lion's courage.
Then and only then—Dorothy must die!

Eek. I am so excited for Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige. I have been so fangirl over all the fairy tale re-tellings that have come out lately and I have been overly excited about this one since I read my first review. I love  Oz almost as much as Wonderland and I think this sounds amazing! Are there any other upcoming re-tellings that I should add to my list? Are you excited for Dorothy Must Die?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18053060-dorothy-must-die?from_search=true

21 comments

  1. I am super excited for this book as well!!

    Great pick, Missie!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover of this! And I love retellings too haha. This definitely sounds awesome, great pick! Thanks for sharing (:

    Here's my WOW at Book Munchies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! This book seems to be highly anticipated by everyone, really hope it's as amazing as it sounds! :) Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dorothy Must Die looks freaking great. Will definitely be reading it when it releases.
    Happy Wednesday <3

    Here's our WoW
    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay. Twins. Thanks for stopping by my page earlier. New follower via GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks awesome! I'm super excited to check this out, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited. I want it now. Awesome pick! ~Megan
    http://wp.me/pzUn5-1PM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very excited about this one too and I hope it meets my expectations because it could be really awesome if it's done well! But I have faith! :D I also heard the author was like 15 or something which is really cool and admirable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I cannot wait for this! Great choice. I love the Wizard of Oz and I'm looking forward to a twisted version of it for sure:) Thanks so much for visiting my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover of this book and the blurb sounds so fascinating! Great choice! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH!!
    Good pick! :D
    This is on my 2014 GR shelf. I can't wait to read this!!!! Have you read Cruel Beauty? It's another retelling of Beauty and the Beast. Thank you for visiting my WoW!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YES! I'm eagerly anticipating the release of this one!! I love the Wizard of Oz and I love the aspect of Dorothy being the bad guy! It sounds so awesome! Great choice, Missie! Have an awesome rest of the week!

    xo, Becca
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds awesome! I love both The Wizard of Oz and retellings, so I'm hoping that I'll love this one. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I use to be wary of retellings but they seem to generally work for me now. I adore the cover for this one. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A retelling yes definitely yes this one sure is on my radar =)
    Thanks for stopping by my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not sure if this would be for me, but it do sound amazing :D I hope you will love it. <3
    Thank you for commenting on my blog. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy cheesenips, this sounds fantastic! I never heard of this before, so thank you so much for sharing. Definitely adding this to my goodreads. I am also quite the sucker for re-tellings.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been seeing this a lot lately, and it sounds really good. I hope you get to read it soon. :)
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This one does sound good! I hope you like it!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Wizard of Oz, so I'm super curious about this one...it sounds like an epic battle!

    Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I need this book like air! Seriously, it has to be as good as it sounds, right? :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.