Waiting of Wednesday - Dark Metropolis

http://breakingthespine.blogspot.com/
Cabaret meets Cassandra Clare-a haunting magical thriller set in a riveting 1930s-esque world.

Sixteen-year-old Thea Holder's mother is cursed with a spell that's driving her mad, and whenever they touch, Thea is chilled by the magic, too. With no one else to contribute, Thea must make a living for both of them in a sinister city, where danger lurks and greed rules.
Thea spends her nights waitressing at the decadent Telephone Club attending to the glitzy clientele. But when her best friend, Nan, vanishes, Thea is compelled to find her. She meets Freddy, a young, magnetic patron at the club, and he agrees to help her uncover the city's secrets-even while he hides secrets of his own.

Together, they find a whole new side of the city. Unrest is brewing behind closed doors as whispers of a gruesome magic spread. And if they're not careful, the heartless masterminds behind the growing disappearances will be after them, too.

Perfect for fans of Cassandra Clare, this is a chilling thriller with a touch of magic where the dead don't always seem to stay that way.
The 1930s and magic, who could want more! So excited for Dark Metropolis by Jaclyn Dolamore!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12483970-dark-metropolis?from_search=true

https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

24 comments

  1. Whoa! This sounds so intriguing & I'm a sucker for historical books. Great pick & thanks for stopping by my WoW earlier on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! This one sounds awesome!! And I love the cover. I'm such a sucker for that time era haha. Great pick!
    Here's my WoW (:
    PS. Book Munchies' has a giveaway too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So can't wait for this one! And the cover <3 And, I do like a good historical. :) Great pick!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait for this one as well :D I love the time era it will be in, that's different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a fan of Jaclyn Dolamore already, but somehow I missed that this was coming out. Sounds fascinating, but very different than the Magic Under Glass duo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OoOooOoh! This sounds So cool and dude that cover is amazeballs! I love the historical, yet modern feel to it! WAAAANT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! Came across this a few weeks ago in another WOW post and I was immediately sold, it sounds so great! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by. This sounds oh so intriguing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that cover! It is one of those covers that it doesn't matter if the book is good or not, I just need it on my shelf lol Thanks for stopping by and I followed you back =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds awesome; I am totally adding it to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower via bloglovin. Nice WOW pick. The cover is stunning and the synopsis really captures my attention.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one does sound interesting and different. Thanks for sharing. I hope you enjoy reading it! Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy freaking YES! I am SO thrilled for this book to release! I happen to LOVE everything Cassandra Clare, soooo yeah. I am BEYOND ready for this one:) The description also kind of reminds of of Libba Bray's The Diviners, don't you think? Which I also LOVED, fantastic pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one looks really interesting! You had me with the mention to Cassandra Clare, I so loved her book.
    Great pick and thanks for the comment and the follow in my blog, I´m following you back =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cover is so pretty! I'm not usually one for historical fiction, but I might have to give this one a try. xD

    Thanks for stopping by! Followed back. :)
    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks interesting. Thanks for stopping by the blog! Followed back.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooooo
    THIS SOUNDS INTERESTING
    and it has a pretty coverrrr
    Great Pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. How have I not heard of this before?! This sounds like perfection. I LOVE Cassandra Clare as well as the 1930s, so this sounds like it will be right up my alley. *runs off to add it on Goodreads* Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my blog. New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great choice! This is actually scheduled as my WOW in a couple of weeks. :)

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds really tempting...thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That seems like a really good book! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following : )
    Followed back! : )

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow, this sounds amazing! I can't believe I haven't heard of this until now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome pick! I've never heard of this author or the book, but I love Cassandra Clare. I will definitely have to check this out. Thanks for sharing!!

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.