Top Ten Tuesday - Books that Make You Swoon


  1. The Princess Bride by William Goldman – seriously one of the most amazing books ever written. Such an awesome love story and it was made into a great movie. If you haven’t read the book, you must. It is hilarious and has so much more content than the movie!
  2. Enclave (Razorland series) by Ann Aguirre – this one, even in the midst of crappy times and enviroment, I love the way Duece and Fade love each other.
  3. Divergent (Divergent series) by Veronica Day – I love Tris and Four, especially in the first Divergent book. I love the way they push and pull and finally come together to kiss kinda hidden under a waterfall. I really hope the movie is nearly as good as the book

  4. The Selection (The Selection series) by Kiera Cass – I love Maxon. Totally hope that America ends up with him, I love his strength, his honesty and his mind. Yum!
  5. Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles series) by Kami Garcia – I really liked how Lena and Ethan were drawn to each other, it was kinda insta-love but built a little. The book is SO much better than the movie, which is sad, but I liked their honesty.
  6. Beastly by Alex Flinn – I love re-tellings and I really liked the relationship growth between Kyle and Lindy. The book has great side characters too that really make the story.
  7. Delirum (Delirium series) by Lauren Oliver – I really like the story of Alex and Lena. Another blogger commented on how the story was really into talking about love and the creation of love, so this story between Alex and Lena is really sweet. I am kinda sad the “love” theme didn’t go all the way through, it got really muddled with the storyline and the love triangle.
  8. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen – this is one of my favorites and I really love the story between Marlena and Jacob. It is rare book when they loved each other until the bitter end.
  9. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – seriously an amazing book. The lengths that Augustus and Hazel go to be together, to sacrifice and know the whole time that their ilnesses are terminal and that life is short. I cannot wait to see the movie, I hope they do it justice!
  10. Defy (Defy series) by Sara B Larson – I don’t want to spoil much, but there is a love triangle in this one, and I defintely think Alexa should have been with the friend who knew her secret the whole time and loves her for her.

https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

29 comments

  1. I haven't read any of these and I do own Divergent and Delirium. Cool list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I totally forgot about Water For Elephants. I loved that book. Also two thumbs up for Divergent, Delirium, and TFIOS. I love those books!! I guess that stands to reason that I would like the rest of the books that you have here. I haven't read them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes Water for Elephants! So good! I'm re-reading Divergent now and really enjoying Tris and Four a lot more this time around! Great list :)

    Amanda @ i solemnly swear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I forgot to add Beastly on my list. I remember swooning when he took her out of town.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. WAIT WAIT WAIT
    The Princess Bride is part of a series :OOOOOO
    Holy crap. The Princess Bride is easily one of the best books in all existence and there is a sequel?

    Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! It should have said seriously! Missed that error! I do so wish that it was a series, that would be amazing!

      Delete
  6. Oooh this is the first list I have come across with Delirium on it and I totally agree! ALEX! I loved him so very much. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great list! I also had TFIOS on mine too! Haven't read Beastly yet, but I totally have it! I also need to check out Water for Elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read The Princess Bride sometime; I love the movie! I also agree about Maxon with America. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great List. I have not read Defy, I will have to check it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I completely forgot about Princess Bride! Agree - one of the best books in existence! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a great list!! Many of which were on mine but then got switched out! I own Selection, Defy, and Beastly but have not read them yet! I'm dying to start them though!

    Morgan @Remembered Deservedly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved Divergent, and Beautiful Creatures, and who doesn't love Princess Bride! Great list! :D

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list! Definitely loved "Divergent" & "The Selection". Haven't read "The Elite" yet because I'm going to wait until "The One" comes out this year before I marathon the series.

    "Delirium" sounds really interesting. Is the series finished? I'd love to marathon it rather than wait for a new release. I have very low patience threshold :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is finished so it is a great time to start!

      Delete
  14. How did I forget Beautiful Creatures? I LOVED that book so much!! I have to read The Selection, I've had it on my Kindle forever and just keep forgetting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Princess Bride! Of course! I can't believe I forgot that one!
    Perfect list is perfect!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree about The Princess Bride -- didn't think of it until after my list was done! Total swoon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. None of our picks overlapped, but there are some on your list that I have read & liked or have been meaning to read. One that I really need to make time for is THE PRINCESS BRIDE. It's one of the books that I just feel needs to be read!

    Thanks for stopping by The Hiding Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your list! I have read or at least heard of (and trying to get around to) almost all of your books on your list. However, I have not heard of Defy but I do plan on checking it out now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. big fan of Divergent, Delirum & The Fault in Our Stars so good picks there.

    I haven't read, but really want to read , Defy, Beastly & Enclave.

    all in all great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Although I've not read any of these, there are several that I'm very interested in. (The Princess Bride, Divergent, The Selection and Defy.) I did see the Beastly movie and I'm kind of interested in reading the book now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great picks , especially The Princess Bride! wonderful love story :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Princess Bride - wonderful choice! I haven't read any of the others yet, but I've got several on my TBR list, including Defy and The Fault in Our Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  23. SO MANY of these are wonderful! I love almost all of the books on this list!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a great list! Water for Elephants! YES!!!! I love that book. I don't re-read a lot of books but that one I have. And the movie, OMG, I watched the movie about 6 times, 4 times in just 2 days lol
    Also, you listed The Princess Bride, which I have been wanting to put on my bookshelf at home forever now. I will be buying that darn book THIS WEEKEND!!!~ a Valentine's Day gift for myself ♥
    check me out at Book Hangovers Blabs Books~~ http://bookhangoversbb.blogspot.com
    Thank you for stopping by earlier and checking out my Wednesday What's! I hope you enjoy The Archived!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I enjoyed TGiOS, Divergent and Beastly. I haven't read the rest though. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome choices! I love The Princess Bride, Beastly, and the Selection.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.