The Amazing Cress

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13206828-cress?from_search=true
Rapunzel’s tower is a satellite. She can’t let down her hair—or her guard.

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker—unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can. - Cress by Marissa Meyer

Cress is the third book in the Lunar Chronicles and it was AMAZING!


  • I loved the next phase of the Lunar Chronicles, just when I thought the storyline was going to be predictable, it changed directions. LOVED that! There were a few times on the plane (just got back from Montana today) where I wanted to turn to my mom and tell her about that part of the story, except she hasn't read the series!
  • I really liked the relationship development between Thorne and Cress. Even though Cress had a little crush on Thorne, there was no insta- love and I am very grateful for that. Cheer Marissa, cheers!
  • I am so excited for Winter and the connection within Cress, it is neat to start to see what Princess Winter is going to be like and I think the 4th book is going to be epic!
  • Marissa's writing is so enjoyable, I can see the story and I read and I can just imagine how amazing the Lunar movie would be! 
  • This series has to be by far my 2nd favorite, only 2nd to Harry Potter. It is so amazing that I am going to wait impatiently until Winter comes out.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13206828-cress?from_search=true


https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

9 comments

  1. Very interesting, oh my goodness lots of different takes on this one. Some bad, some good. I am going to have to just give in and start the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super excited to read this, everyone seems to agree it's pretty wonderful:) I just need to catch up and read Scarlet first. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will also be impatiently awaiting Winter! SO glad you enjoyed Cress!

    Sabrina @ I Heart Y.A. Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so with you on this!! I love Marissa Meyer's writing. I love her ability to have such a huge cast and yet make everyone different and have different voices/personalities. I was sad there wasn't so much Wolf/Scarlet, though...but I guess it was more of Cress/Thorne instead (which I love!!!). So much awesome in this series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read this book. I heard such great things already. Happy it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm currently reading this one and giggling at Cress' crush on Thorne. Thanks for sharing how much you loved the series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh that Despicable Me gif <3 I loved Thorne and Cress' relationship too. At first I had been worried about insta love, but it ended up being perfect! I'm glad we got to see Winter and Jacin...and I'm so excited for the next book already. What do you mean we have to wait another year?! ;)
    Great review!!!

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your use of the Despicable Me gif! <3 I've read Cinder and loved it but was only slightly miffed at the unfinished ending - I want Prince Kai and Cinder together now!!! So I've put off reading Scarlet because I don't want to wait another year just for Winter. But now that Cress has come out and everyone's gushing about it, oh, it's so difficult to resist the temptation to dive back into this world!

    What are your coping strategies with the wait till next year? Cause I might need a few tips if I am to start Scarlet & Cress. :D

    Witless Fool @ Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  9. This series is truly fantastic. The characters are easy to adore, and it's always exciting! Very curious to see what Meyer will do next in Winter :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.