Ignite Me

 The heart-stopping conclusion to the New York Times bestselling Shatter Me series, which Ransom Riggs, bestselling author of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, called "a thrilling, high-stakes saga of self-discovery and forbidden love"

Juliette now knows she may be the only one who can stop the Reestablishment. But to take them down, she'll need the help of the one person she never thought she could trust: Warner. And as they work together, Juliette will discover that everything she thought she knew-about Warner, her abilities, and even Adam-was wrong.

In Shatter Me, Tahereh Mafi created a captivating and original story that combined the best of dystopian and paranormal and was praised by Publishers Weekly as "a gripping read from an author who's not afraid to take risks." The sequel, Unravel Me, blew readers away with heart-racing twists and turns, and New York Times bestselling author Kami Garcia said it was "dangerous, sexy, romantic, and intense." Now this final book brings the series to a shocking and climactic end.

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi is the final book in the Shatter Me series. I am going to try really hard to do this review without any spoilers, but it is not going to be easy!

  • Juliette really grew into her own and her character developed so much, even between the middle book and Ignite Me. I was impressed that she decided, finally, that her weaknesses were in fact her strengths. I think the biggest development that happens from teenager to late twenties is realizing that the things that make us different actually make us interesting
  • Juliette ends up in the relationship I think she should, at least the “team” I was rooting for
  • Relationship are starting and mended, this is trying hard not to spoil, but when you read, you will understand
  • The series ended well, I was so disappointed with the end of Requiem (Delirium series) and mediocre about the endings of Allegiant (Divergent series) and Champion (Legend series) so I was happy that one out of the four fit my expectations
  • Tahereh’s writing style has really grown within the series and I think she did a great job with this
    installment. Shatter Me was sometimes overwhelming with the description of thoughts or environment.

  • The first 250 pages is like a constant fight, first Juliette and Warner, than Adam and Juliette – argh, it was a bit too much AND then it only left like literally less than 100 pages of action and finalization of the story
  • Lack of world building, kinda ties into my first gripe, but there was so much of the relationship banter that it diminished the world building and setting up the final scenes
  • Adam was weak and whiny, his character diminished during this book

“This isn’t about Adam or Warner,” I tell him. “This is about me and what I want. This is about me finally understanding where I want to be in ten years. Because I’m going to be alive, Kenji. I will be alive in ten years, and I’m going to be happy. I’m going to be strong. And I don’t need anyone to tell me that anymore. I am enough, and I always will be.”

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13188676-ignite-me


https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11458773/a-flurry-of-ponderings

7 comments

  1. I need to read this trilogy. I didn't think it sounded all that awesome when it first came out, but I've been hearing lots of good things about it lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you mentioned that Tahereh’s writing has improved since "Shatter Me". I started that book awhile back and couldn't get past the first couple of chapters because of the abundance and poor quality of her metaphors. I still remember "These words are vomit. This shaky pen is my esophagus. This sheet of paper is my porcelain bowl." Ugh, I just couldn't continue. But if you really liked it and the series does improve as it goes along, I'm now tempted to give the series another try!

    Witless Fool @ Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to read the rest of this series to see how it all ends. Great review and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked this one - I just read a one star review that made me scared to start this series! (I have Shatter Me sitting on my shelf, but haven't gotten to it yet).

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    P.S. I responded to your comment on my review of Undying, but it seems like CommentLuv mystappeared off of my post so I thought I'd mention it here since you won't get any notice that I replied. Grrr....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quote you picked! I loved this one because Juliette really came into her own and that was great. Great review!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't started the first book as yet so I probably shouldn't be reading reviews, but I do like yours. Thanks for the honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh I like that quote a lot-- I am committed to reading this because I've been reading the other books, I'm excited to hear your likes and dislikes so I can totally prepare myself! (I feel like if I go into it knowing about the first 250 pages, they won't be as disappointing? or I can hope?)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.