Week Recap

Another whirlwind holiday week, but I do really enjoy having a day off in the middle of the week. It has been awful weather-wise in Minnesota, severely cold weather. The Governor actually cancelled school on Monday already because it is supposed to be -20 with -50 wind chills.

New Years Eve my hubby and I went over to a friend's house and played Cards Against Humanity. it is a horribly, hilarious game. We seriously left at 12:05 am, guess we are getting old.

I arm knit another scarf and am in the process of making gifts to bring with when I go to Montana to meet my new nephew. Interested? This is the best tutorial I found so far, I love the way she puts the camera behind her to show you from your perspective.


This week I added 14 books to my Goodreads to-read list, and there are going to be so many amazing books coming out in January. I already pre-ordered Cress by Marissa Meyer and Defy by Sara Larson!




4 comments

  1. *shivers* That does sound cold! I'm happy having summer where I am. :) That is a pretty epic scarf. Those are awesome books you've added! I'm waiting on SO many of them! This Song Will Save Your Life is just. the. best. ever. Same with Of Poseidon. I'm waiting on the library for The Raven Boys series myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not big into knitting but every since seeing Catching Fire I have wanted to make one of those half shirt things that Katniss wears in it. I saw a tutorial for making one of those on YouTube and I really want to do it! But I just don't think I have the skill!

    You got a lot of awesome books! This Song Will Save Your Life was one of my favourites of last year and I can't wait to get my hands on World After. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My ultimate goal is to make that Catching Fire Cowl! I just started with needles, so I am working up to it! There are some awesome patterns on Etsy!

      Delete
  3. I've heard so many good things about "This Song Will Save Your Life"! I read the synopsis and wasn't that interested in picking up a copy - maybe if I found it in the library, or it was particularly cheap. But then it dominated so many lists for the favourite book of 2013, or the most surprising book of 2013, or another accolade, and now I think I need to reconsider! They are some awesome books you've got on your TBR list. A lot of them are ones I have enjoyed or that I am also looking to lay my hands on! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.