Waiting on Wednesday - Scintillate



A mighty flame follows a tiny spark.
Cora Sandoval’s mother disappeared when she was five and they were living in Ireland. Since then, her dad has been more than overprotective, and Cora is beginning to chafe under his confines. But even more troubling is the colorful light she suddenly sees around people. Everyone, that is, except herself—instead, she glows a brilliant, sparkling silver.
As she realizes the danger associated with these strange auras, Cora is inexplicably drawn to Finn, a gorgeous Irish exchange student who makes her feel safe. Their attraction is instant, magnetic, and primal—but her father disapproves, and Finn’s mother orders him home to Ireland upon hearing he’s fallen in love. After a fight with her father, Cora flees to Ireland, both to follow Finn and to look for her missing mother.
There she meets another silver-haloed person and discovers the meaning of her newfound powers and their role in a conspiracy spanning centuries—one that could change mankind forever…and end her life.
Scintillate is the first book in this lush and exciting new trilogy, full of romance, adventure and metaphysical mystery.
I am intrigued by this book, it comes out the first week of February. I love books that surprise me and are out of the normal reading spectrum. Since Cress comes out the same day, this one will have to wait a little while, but it is definitely on my TBR list!


26 comments

  1. and I suddenly remember reading the Immortal series because of the mere mention of auras. but still, this sounds more interesting (because it doesn't involve immortals, lol) and it's fantasy-magic (at least that's what goodreads said). gotta add this to be tbr list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this one yesterday on goodreads. Love the cover; love the description. The book intrigues me. Thanks for sharing:)

    new follower via gfc, bloglovin & twitter

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I am excited for this one as well! Luckily we don't have to wait too much longer. :)

    Thanks for following Let's Evaluate, I am now following you as well!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    Erin @ Let's Evaluate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I just got this book for review, so hopefully I will be reading it soon. :)

    Happy Reading!

    My WoW

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick, very much looking forward to this one myself! But you''re right, Cress does come first! :) Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this one around but never read the synopsis before! I was sold the moment I read that Finn is Irish. Finn is my favorite guy name, and who can resist that accent?? :) Plus it sounds interesting! Great pick!!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous, Irish, exchange student named Finn? Yes, please! This book is on my TBR pile too! :)

    Sabrina @ I Heart Y.A. Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh this sounds good! I hope some of the story will take place in Ireland! Great pick! Thanks for sharing & stopping by Book Munchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like the sound of this one...it is "scintillating." LOL But seriously, I love stories set in Ireland....enjoy! And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm reading this book now...I'll be posting my review for it on Monday! Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    New GFC follower. :)
    Julia @ Book Bindings Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cover for this one! I got approved for it on Netgalley, I hope I'll get to read it soon! Thanks for stopping by Deux Lectrices :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this sounds really cool! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I have heard of this one! It sounds good! Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the first time I've heard of this book! And it's a real WOW, too!!! I HAVE to have this one!!!! SQUEEEEE!!!!! LOVE at first sight!! I'm rushing over to Amazon to put it on my wish list, and to Goodreads to put it on my TBR shelves!! Thanks for featuring this!!!

    Also, thanks for visiting my blogm commenting on my own WOW post, AND followitng!! I'm following you back!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I read this one a couple weeks ago! Posted my review to the blog as well. It's a great read, and an awesome start to the series :)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks really neat, and I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ha, i haven't stumble upon this one yet! nice pick Missie. :)
    -boyanna-

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh this sounds great, just added it to my TBR!
    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't heard of this one before, it sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like the cover and the blurb does sound interesting. I hope you enjoy it after reading Cress :) Thanks for sharing and for dropping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds pretty interesting although the summary suggests there may be insta-love. Still, great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like a great read! Nice Wow choice!!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.