The Amazing Lunar Chronicles - Scarlet


I don’t even know how to tell how much I am loving the Lunar Chronicles series. I just finished Scarlet tonight and it is a huge letdown that Cress is not out yet.


Cinder is still in the series, but she is joined by Scarlet, little red riding hood. Scarlet’s grandmother has been kidnapped and Scarlet has to find her. She knows that her grandmother is a little kookie, but she would not just remove her id chip and wander away from the house.

Scarlet meets up with Wolf and starts on the path to find her grandmother. During the way she finds out more about who she is and how she is connected to Princess Selene.

I love the way Marissa Meyer writes, the words seem to flow so effortlessly. She describes everything, but not so much that you feel like you are choking on adjectives and metaphors. I love the connection with fairy tales and sci-fi, it is like our childhood stories have been updated.

The third book in the series, Cress, comes out in February, so I don’t have to wait too long. According to Marissa’s website - only 32 days!




2 comments

  1. I don't know why but I didn't feel that much about Scarlet. Not that I didn't enjoy it, I just didn't have a strong opinion toward the character. I do love this series though and I can't wait for Cress.
    Also, I nominated you for Liebster award, check it out here if you are interested in accepting :)
    http://sparereads.blogspot.com/2014/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I borrowed Cinder from the library and loved it! I'll be purchasing it soon, and reading the rest of the series when Crest comes out! Thanks for your review, new follower!

    Lisa
    www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.