2014 Goals and Resolutions



 
2013 was not my best year, a few bad things happened and I was really happy to see 2013 come and go. I am excited for the newness that 2014 can bring, even though life is a big stretch, the beginnings and ending of the years does help to give a clean slate.

I normally make some resolutions for the new year, and this year I get to share them on my new blog! I don't have 10, but half is good, so we are going to stick with 5. 10 is reaching and I would rather actually keep a resolution!
Happy New Years!


Read the bible more. I love to read books and watch tv, craft, sleep, ect and I often push spending time with the bible away. It is important to me so I have started a 2014 reading plan on my phone's app YouVersion. It can help me read the bible more and remind me every morning. 


Read 50 books in the year. I set my Goodreads challenge to 50, meaning I need to try to read a book a week to reach my goal. There are tons of bloggers who read over 100 books in a year, so I think it is totally obtainable. 
A non-bookish resolution, I am going to get healthy again. I lost 30 pounds in 2012 and promptly gained it back in 2013. I know how much better I feel when I eating healthy and work out, so I need to get back to it and stop with the sweets and couch potato laziness.
I am going to work on blogging consistently. I really like blogging, getting really excited about it for a few months and then fall off the face of the planet. I want to continue to blog for the entire year of 2014 and hopefully learn more about amazing authors and how to get involved with ARCs. 
Writing. I have always wanted to be a writer, I have millions of thoughts in my head, but I psych myself out or just generally get lazy. I am planning on doing NaNoWriMo again in November and I want to do at least 1 writing prompt a month. Practice makes perfect.


8 comments

  1. Those are great goals! Eating healthier is on my list today, too. :) And good luck with NaNo. I did it for the first time in 2013 and it was such a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your goals. Think I might steal a few. Good luck on all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your goals. Think I might steal a few. Good luck on all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have some great goals for the new year. Best of luck with all of them. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are SUCH awesome goals! I want to do a NaNo this year too. I blog pretty crazily, but this year I want to be more involved with commenting back and commenting on other blogs. I was slack with that last year. ;) And! Oh! I want to make sure I actually get to my 100 books goal. Eeep. It's my first time making such a ridiculously high goal. So I hope I can make it. *fingers crossed* XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great goals! I'd like to get healthier too in 2014. We can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so relate to #5! I have a few book ideas, but I don't think I would really enjoy actually making them into a full-length story. I hope that you will, though, and good luck with NaNoWriMo!

    I hope you have a fantastic 2014. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.