2013 End of the Year Book Survey




1. Best Book You Read In 2013? (If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist)
This is obviously really hard to pick – but I am going to pick The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. I really loved Stardust and was expecting a story at the caliber, but it was odd and I still don’t feel like I know what was going on

3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013? 
World War Z by Max Brooks. I listened to this one as an audio book, it was epic. The storyline was amazing and loved the historical interviews on before and after the zombie apocalypse.  It is too bad the movie was better, I wish it followed the book more, but I know that would be hard to do.

 4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people most in 2013?
Divergent by Veronica Roth. I love, love, love this book and am so excited to see the movie. I actually forced my husband to read it. SO good.

5. Best series you discovered in 2013?
Enclave – Razorland series by Ann Aguirre. I am reading the last one now and am glad I started the series, it is interesting and something completely different in the dystopian genre.

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2013?
Jenny Lawson – Let’s Pretend This Never Happened. This blogger is hilarious, I was laughing with tears during the entire book, SO good.

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Orphan Train by Christine Baker Kline. It was something I would not have picked up by myself but it was a book club choice and I actually really liked it

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2013?
Allegiant by Veronica Roth. The Divergent series is my favorite and I had Allegiant on my calendar for a long time.

 9. Book You Read In 2013 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Fragments by Dan Wells. I am probably going to re-read the whole series in preparation for the next book

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?











11. Most memorable character in 2013? 
Cokie from Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2013?
The Promise of Stardust by Priscilla Sibley

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013? 
I would have to go back to The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2013 to finally read? 
The Great Gatsy by F Scott Fitzgerald

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2013?
From The Fault in our Stars (image by Anna Castro)












16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Shortest– Giver by Lois Lowry – 179 pages (re-read)
Longest — Fragments by Dan Wells – 564 pages

 17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
The ending of Champion by Marie Lu. I do not have any friends who have read the series and I am busting at the seams to see what someone else thought

18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2013 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Sutter and Amy from The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp – I know that it doesn’t end well but they really learned from each other and brought out the best in each other in ways that were not recognizable at first.

19. Favorite Book You Read in 2013 From An Author You've Read Previously
Champion by Marie Lu

20. Best Book You Read In 2013 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Enclave by Ann Aguirre

21. Genre You Read The Most From in 2013?
Dystopian Young Adult

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013?
Anden from Champion by Marie Lu.

23. Best 2013 debut you read?
Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight

24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2013?
Enclave by Ann Aguirre.

25. Book That Was The Most Fun To Read in 2013?
Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick – crazy odd but a good time

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2013?
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

27. Book You Read in 2013 That You Think Got Overlooked This Year Or When It Came Out?
Emily and Einstein by Linda Francis Lee. I found this audio book at the library and it was a sweet little book. I was glad that I picked it up without knowing anything about it


  
1. One Book You Didn't Get To In 2013 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2014?
Ashfall by Mike Mullin

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2014 (non-debut)?
Ruins by Dan Wells

3. 2014 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han – looks interesting

4. Series Ending You Are Most Anticipating in 2014?
Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi and Ruin by Dan Wells – lol, guess my mind is set for 2014

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2014?
I am really enjoying this blog and want to continue writing, gaining readers and finding new blog friends. I love reading so much and sometimes wish I went into publishing. Life is boring sometimes, or at least less of an adventure, and books are such an amazing outlet. I hope to share my love of books through my blog.


3 comments

  1. I'll have to try and fit this one in before the new year! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog, Turning Pages!

    Lisa
    www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Divergent too. I'm gonna read The Fault in our Stars too. I'm glad you like it. Love your blog. I hope you'll achieve all our goals for next ear. New follower.

    Baileys @ Unladylike Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great looking list - I'm envious of all the books you read in 2013!! And on that note, good looking blog too - I'll be looking forward to reading your posts in the future :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you thought of the book or others you think I will like! Please share your thoughts! Thank you for the thought, but I am not participating in awards.