10 New-To-Me Authors



Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013

I read a lot of new books from new authors this year, through the amazing internet, friends and the Goodreads website. So, in no particular order new-to-me authors I read in 2013:


Ann Aguirre - I am current reading the Razorland series and enjoying it



Emily McKay - I read the first book in her series The Farm, I wasn't in love with the book but her writing was easy to read



Margaret Stohl - I started to read Icons and I really could not get through it, it was slow and the writing lacked dimension



John Green - I found both Looking for Alaska and The Fault in Our Stars this year. Fault has become one of my favorite books and I was so attached to John's writing I could barely put the book down


 Alex Flinn - Another book I grabbed because of the interesting cover, it was another quick read and was fairly entertaining
 Cat Patrick - This was another one I just grabbed off the shelf at the library. It was a great, easy summer read. I finished the whole book in a few hours while my toes soaked into the shoreline
Ruta Sepetys - I grabbed this book at the library and loved it, Ruta did great work with bringing life in New Orleans to life, culture was evident throughout the book and the characters came to life
Tim Tharp - Since this one was coming out as a movie, I wanted to read the book first. I really liked the way Tim writes, he is down to earth and you could really feel his MC's emotions


Dan Wells - I love Dan's Partials series, I cannot wait until the third book comes out
Kiera Cass - Another series I really enjoyed, The Selection. Kiera has a great writing style and I really enjoyed the story she created